If you are like me, you look forward to the weekends, but dread spending the annoying amounts of money that usually accompany your weekend entertainment. Well, this weekend, you are in luck. If you are going to be in or around Chapel Hill this weekend, you MUST check out The North Carolina Literary Festival on the UNC campus. Here’s a rundown of appearances by UNC Press authors:
- On Saturday, September 12 at 12:20 PM Erica Eisdorfer will appear with Alan Gurganus and Wells Tower in Hamilton Hall.
- On Saturday, September 12 at 1:30 PM, Barbara Duncan and storyteller Kathi Littlejohn appear on the Children’s Main Stage with a presentation on “Legends of the Milkyway.”
- On Saturday, September 12 at 2:40 PM, Lars Schoultz will discuss That Infernal Little Cuban Republic at Wilson Library.
- On Sunday, September 13 at 11:10 AM, Marianne Gingher will be on a panel with Long Story Short contributors Lydia Millet and Jenny Offill in Murphey Hall. The LSS conversation continues at 1:30 PM in Carroll Hall with John Rowell, David Rowell, Katherine Min, and Marianne Gingher.
- On Sunday, September 13 at 1:30 PM, William Ferris has his first local appearance for Give my Poor Heart Ease in Gerrard Hall.
- Roy Underhill, host of the PBS show The Woodwright’s Shop and author of the Woodwright’s Guide: Working Wood with Wedge and Edge (UNC Press, 2008); 11:30 a.m., Golden Flower.
- William Ferris, historian and author of Give My Poor Heart Ease: Voices of the Mississippi Blues (UNC Press, 2009); 2 p.m., The Garage.
- Will Mckinney, contributer to Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue (UNC Press, 2008) will also be at Bookmarks Festival of Books.