This week, November 8-14, the Association of American University Presses (AAUP) and its constituent presses celebrate University Press Week. UNC Press and 50 other presses will unite for the AAUP’s annual blog tour to highlight “the extraordinary work of nonprofit scholarly publishers and their many contributions to culture, the academy, and an informed society.” Monday through Friday, several individual presses will post articles about a different theme each day, including: surprising aspects of university press publishing, the future of scholarly publishing, design in university press and scholarly publishing, #TBT (Throwback Thursday), and conversations with authors.
UNC Press blog will contribute to the tour on Tuesday, November 10, with a post from UNC Press director John Sherer on the future of scholarly publishing. On the other days this week, we’ll post links to the other articles appearing as part of the tour each day.
Today’s blog tour theme is Surprise! Today’s posts:
- University Press of Florida: Take a Food Tour of Florida!
- University Press of New England: The Inside Story of How Marc Solomon’s Winning Marriage Won Big.
- University Press of Mississippi: Surprise! You’re now the book editor at a major newspaper!
- University Press of Kentucky: Surprise! It’s UP Week: Guess the Press with our #ReadUP Quiz.
- University of California Press: Learn more about Luminos and Collabra OA publishing platforms.
- University of Nebraska Press: Surprise! Learn more about the staff behind UNP.
- University of Wisconsin Press: Surprising? Mysterious! Learn more about mystery fiction from UWP.
Check back each day this week for links to more great features from university presses. You can see the running blog tour roundups on the AAUP website. Follow along on Twitter with #UPWeek or #ReadUP.